Photos of Trailer(s) that you tow with your Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbirdsc15

Reaction score
My trailer.

6100 Pounds empty, 7050 pounds loaded with water and all out gear. Pulls good, Love my Expy.

Attachments

• IMAG0222.jpg
    IMAG0222.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,057

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
44269-albums633-picture4655.jpg

32 Ft Bumper Pull Camper - Rental!

I thought I was only going to have to pull it 8 miles but the camper rental place moved and it was more like 12. No Brake Controller. No Load Leveling Hitch. I got up to about 55 miles an hour and was fine. But when I hit 60 the wag started and I backed off. The weight of the camper was about 5000lbs. I took a bunch of weight out of the back of the Navigator and loaded it into the camper trying to spread the weight. The back of the Navigator was WAY LOW! I have converted to coils using the Monroe 90006 kit. I'm pretty sure it could use some heavier duty springs in the back. Many people have complained about the ride height after using the 90006 kit.

:eek:

reidar

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our camp trailer

This is what I tow. 23', 4800 lbs dry. When it's loaded I think its close to 6000 (I need to have it weighed when it's full.) There is 6 in my family, so at the end of the day the Expe still weighs more than the trailer.
Expe handles it well especially with the Equalizer hitch. It starts to have a problem when climbing up higher elevation roads of the Rocky Mountains, that's when It could really use more power (and when I wish it was a diesel.) However, in all reality, it does just fine.
I also have a 16.5' utility trailer that I've hauled friends cars with or helped moved people. It handles that twin axle trailer like a dream, loaded or not.
IMG_20130413_112904[1].jpg

mkc1962

Reaction score
Ive only towed the following a few times with my Expedition. That my old Mountaineer in the picture. But so far it pulls it like its not even back there. Usually loaded with my attached tractor. Most recent pull was same trailer loaded with a used Ford ranger.

I recently did a coilover conversion and looking fwd to seeing and noticeable difference when pulling.

Plenty of power, but fuel economy of about 12 when pulling.

Tractorhauler.jpg

l3200-3.jpg

exploaded.jpg

Pulling this ranger to a home we have in the smoky mountains. First pull since I did an air ride to coil over conversion. Did not squat much once loaded, but think I am going to miss the air ride auto leveling if for no other reason than stance appearance

Last edited:

mkc1962

Reaction score
12?! That's AWESOME pulling a setup like that.

Have only pulled the tractor twice. Both times about 150 miles. But both time started with full tank and filled up when I got back home. Both times right at 12 gallons to fill it back up. Mostly back country hilly 2 lane roads, but avg speed of 60-62. The most recent pull was same trailer but loaded with an 88 Ford ranger (bit less weight than the tractor) that was over 300 miles at 62-70, same results. I figure 10-12 to be avg for towing with a 5.4. Our normal just road trips with people nets about 19 on just about every tank. Even my old 5.0 Mountaineer would drop from 20-21 hwy down to 14 when pulling the same loads.

I'm very plesed with the overall performance of this expedition so far.