Rust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoungKraze

Reaction score
Anyone now how much it is to fix this? Or is there anyway to do it myself?

Attachments

• DSC_0117.jpg
    DSC_0117.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0105.jpg
    DSC_0105.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 99
B

bedrck46

best bet would be to take it to a body shop get an estimate on parts and labor and the decide if you want to do it yourself

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not worth the investment considering the amount of work to do it correctly. What you don't see is the rust that hasn't made it out to the paint layer. If you didn't stop that rust you would just be chasing it from year to year.

It would be more cost effective to head south and pick up another gen 1 that hasn't been exposed to the salt.

A few years ago we had one of the Scion XB's that a "terd head" keyed two of the doors. Cost of fixing that was $1200 - no body damage, no rust, just filler and a paint match.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would sell mine but I've grown too attached. either way she lacks air con and won't likely ever get it installed again (black plague ac death) she is a southern truck and has been for life so frame and suspension rust are minimal if at all.

only way I'd sell is if I found a good expy for the same price with aircon.

OP
OP
Y

YoungKraze

Reaction score
I was looking around ebay And the Rocker Panels are $78 Dollars and I will Upltherere pictures because that isn't all the rust :(

aaroncale

Reaction score
I have the same exact problem with the rocker panels on the cheap way that I know of is spray foam mesh and bondo but im not sure how long it would last and theres no guarantee it would even work

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same exact problem with the rocker panels on the cheap way that I know of is spray foam mesh and bondo but im not sure how long it would last and theres no guarantee it would even work

In my opinion the foam will hold moisture if it ever gets even a little bit wet. You can purchase new rockers and weld them in, and then bed liner the bottom six inches of the truck (saves on the paint match). That is about the only way it is going to be an alright price.

I bondo'd an entire fender where I took off about 4 inches of rust/metal up until I was back to good metal, and it still rusted back through in about 2 years.

Honestly given the amount of damage already done though, find another Expedition with way less damage and fix it before it gets to that point again. My truck is to that point too and the truck simply isn't worth the time and money.

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I cut out both sides of mines as they were really rusty and welded 2 new ones