Stalling when driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bnegaard

Reaction score
Just a suggestion but you have lots of random codes- make sure you have a good ground from engine to frame.

The other possibility I can think of is deteriorating seal from the ethanol and a longshoreman of your catalytic converter is screwed and blocking the exhaust.

bnegaard

Reaction score
Just a suggestion but you have lots of random codes- make sure you have a good ground from engine to frame.

The other possibility I can think of is deteriorating seal from the ethanol and a longshoreman of your catalytic converter is screwed and blocking the exhaust.

bnegaard

Reaction score

bnegaard

Reaction score

The other possibility I can think of is deteriorating seal from the ethanol Or your catalytic converter is screwed and blocking the exhaust.

bnegaard

Reaction score

The other possibility I can think of is deteriorating seal from the ethanol Or your catalytic converter is screwed and blocking the exhaust.

OP
OP
D

dimension12

Reaction score
Friday morning it stalled and wouldn't start right away. Barely had any pressure when I pressed the fuel rail valve. Let sit a few minutes and it fired up. Had 1/8 tank. Thinking pump damaged from ethanol. Replacing fuel pump and filters this coming weekend and will post results.

OP
OP
D

dimension12

Reaction score
Drove with fuel pressure gauge. Pressure is stable during stumble. I replaced both battery cables and cleaned all ground connections to chassis and frame under the hood. I replaced the fuel injectors too. So far it isn't throwing codes and runs much better. Will run a couple tanks of premium and post an update.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check your radiator and coolant... mine was acting kinda funky in a sorta-similar way until I flushed that shit.

OP
OP
D

dimension12

Reaction score
Coolant was changed last winter durring a radiator replacement.
Tuesday the 29th it wouldn't start in the am. After work put noid lights on coil and injector harness. Also fuel pressure gauge. Noid lights flashed but no fuel pressure.
Pulled pump relay and jumpered connections. Got pressure. Decided to replace pump since I had one. Now only seems to stumble when in OD up hills. When accelerate enough to down shift it goes away.