Suddently dont start hellpppp!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
If your relays are melting the fuse box, your pump's drawing high amperage. Either the pump or the leads have to be replaced. Depending on the fuse box damage, you may be able to reshape the plastic with a Dremel and if you can get to the back, replace the terminal.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take hamfisted's advice, we've had too many members that buy replacement boxes that just don't work. The engine will run and have other problems, or don't run at all. As far as swapping another relay, I can do that on my 2000, but on 03, their soldered in. If your going to unsolder, resolder, I'd just put in a new Ford one. I bought a spare for mine, I think it was under $9.00 from Ford. You might have a loose or poorly tightened box in the pass kick panel, or are passengers kicking it too much. Pull it out do the resolder with new relay, should be fine .

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
If the Fuel pump relay is bad it can be replaced if you are able to solder a new relay in
If not then the best thing to do is replace the fuse box Be careful as the 03 expedition used two different fuse boxes AND you need to replace it with the EXACT part number.

If you suspect the relay is going bad there is a way to place a jumper and bypass the contacts See the attached link

See post #3 in this link

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/fuse-box-repair-vs-replace-its-time-unfortunately.35365/

Keep the forum posted on your results

OK Put your ear near the fuse box and listen so you may find out what is causing the buzz
May be a bad relay

Report back with your findings.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams?

Do you have a Volt Meter?

Do you have a copy of the owners manual??

Check the connection contact points You may have to clean them up or tighten them together by bending them closer together. Let us know which relay is causing the problem

Your in PR by any chance did the expy get any water damage from the storms??

Ok Enjoy the beers

Man I miss this old fart, not many aggressive members left on this forum, most are oh so sensitive and quickly emotional.

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jajaja thanks a lot guys could someone get the part number of the relay that have to be solder

OP
OP
W

wingrg

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can replace only the fuel pump relay or you have to replace all with the same type?