Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Furai

Reaction score
Ive got a 2002 5.4L v8 4x4 expedition and I am looking to buy a supercharger this summer and I was wondering where and what I should buy it. I live in Kelowna, BC Canada now.

Thanks

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How many miles does the engine have? Superchargers don't go well with worn engines, and may cause you to end up spending a lot of cash.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With conservative boost #'s, you'll be OK on the engine, but the tranny may eventually crap out on you. Find a Lightning take-off including the intercooler. You'll also need a new wiring harness and ECU. If you can find a donor Lightning that was wrecked, that is your best bet.
If you can find the intercooler off the Lightning, you can also get a Kenny Bell or Whipple SC and put that on top, but you'll also need the computer for that.
Vortech and Procharger should also make an aftermarket unit that MAY just bolt up without a new computer, but you will definitely need to retune no matter what you do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Furai

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, helped me out a lot. I had installed a new tranny about less then a year ago. Ill look into both these SC later.

OP
OP
F

Furai

Reaction score
could you explain to me more about the "Ford Lightning take-off including the intercooler"?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A Lightning "takeoff" is a supercharger/intercooler/harness that was removed from a Ford Lightning. Basically everything you need.

OP
OP
F

Furai

Reaction score
Could I just buy the "takeoff" parts seperate, lets say online or at a shop? Or do I need the exact same as the lightning takeoff parts.

BLKSVT

Reaction score
Could I just buy the "takeoff" parts seperate, lets say online or at a shop? Or do I need the exact same as the lightning takeoff parts.

Yes and no, as a owner of a Lightning I know of several guys who have made the Lightning motor swap into crew cabs and Expys...I will post up some info for you here on it...Like mentioned before if you can find a wrecked Lightning with everything you will be much better off...OR go procharger or Turbo it..

Or here is something to think about..

http://www.streetfire.net/video/twin-supercharged-lightning-part2_182070.htm

Last edited: