Taillights, sub enclosures 2003

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

mtx makes a powered sub enclosure for the rear passenger side net pocket for $499 that would be nice, i noticed it at Crutchfield.com

Bensonfive-oh

Reaction score
I haven't done research lately, but there is nothing out there for 03-present Expeditions in terms of custom sub enclosures. Jbl makes a custom sub for the center console for 03-05 Expedition, however, you lose 55% of the console space. Last time I e-mailed MTX Audio, a rep said they were working on a custom enclosure for the 03 and newer Expeditions. This was back in March of this year.

If anyone out there knows of a company that makes custom sub enclosures for newer Expeditions, please let us know.

GE2

Reaction score
Sub enclosures

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here so I'm bringing it back up. I also needed to be able to use my cargo space, but needed a sub setup for shows. Here is what I came up with.

518789.jpg

518788.jpg

518785.jpg

and with the third row up....
518828.jpg

Bensonfive-oh

Reaction score
Thanks, for the info. They look awsome, but I really did not want to cover up the rear windows in the third row. Nice though.

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is some nice work, but takes a lot of skill fiberglassing it to be that neat. I'm suprised that someone at Car Toys is that talented. LOOKS GREAT!

GE2

Reaction score
Custom enclosure

Sorry, I read the word 'custom' and misunderstood what you were looking for. I do know that when they had the rear plastic areas, in the cargo space, apart for my install,there was PLENTY of room to build an enclosure inside. I think you could probably fit a single 12 in the one side. Might be worth looking into, anyway.

As for Car Toys...... this was actually done at their Custom Shop. To my knowledge, the Bellevue, WA store is the only Car Toys that offers this service, but do a search for Adam Nonis, he's made a pretty good name for himself doing high end custom installs.

Last edited:
G

Hi,
I just got the MTX sub. My truck didn't have teh MACH system, therefore no Mounting bracket to mount the new sub into. Looking to fine them now. If you know where I can get them Let me know. The sub goes in tight, but would like to have the bracket to assure it does not move.

damonl69

Reaction score
i couldnt find a set of tails i liked either so i just smoked my own!