The Waze update is out, who is using it instead of the native navigation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Ieroncig

Reaction score
I am a regular Waze user and have used it extensively in the Expedition on Android auto.... Until a few days ago...

Odd thing happening. GPS location of my position not being picked up when Waze is running while plugged to the truck. If I unplug the phone, Waze is running fine.
Google maps locating correctly when plugged though.

Anyone having similar issues?

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am a regular Waze user and have used it extensively in the Expedition on Android auto.... Until a few days ago...

Odd thing happening. GPS location of my position not being picked up when Waze is running while plugged to the truck. If I unplug the phone, Waze is running fine.
Google maps locating correctly when plugged though.

Anyone having similar issues?

No...I used Waze on a 7 hour trip yesterday (first time I’ve used waze at all) and experienced no glitches or location errors. To me, waze was easy to setup and I really liked the features...will definitely use it on my next trip.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No...I used Waze on a 7 hour trip yesterday (first time I’ve used waze at all) and experienced no glitches or location errors. To me, waze was easy to setup and I really liked the features...will definitely use it on my next trip.
Dang, seven hour trip... I’d say that’s a solid road test for this new feature.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess won't be using the WAZE option. I don't have unlimited 'data' on my phone. On a long trip that might prove to being expensive. I'll stick with the Nav; it's not done me wrong.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess won't be using the WAZE option. I don't have unlimited 'data' on my phone. On a long trip that might prove to being expensive. I'll stick with the Nav; it's not done me wrong.
Agreed, I don’t have any complaints on the vehicles navigation either.
I don’t have unlimited data either but I’ve never hit the cap. We have the friends and family plan with 10 phones and tablets and still don’t hit the 15gb limit. I’m not sure how much Waze uses but it’s not much.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I thought the same thing about data usage...plus, I don’t have unlimited data as well. After using the Waze app for almost 10 hours, it’s used only 0.1 GB of my data plan...very reasonable.

ElliottM

Reaction score
Agreed, I don’t have any complaints on the vehicles navigation either.
I don’t have unlimited data either but I’ve never hit the cap. We have the friends and family plan with 10 phones and tablets and still don’t hit the 15gb limit. I’m not sure how much Waze uses but it’s not much.
LOL, I frequently use 18GB of data every month (two lines) - and I'm not watching videos!

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL, I frequently use 18GB of data every month (two lines) - and I'm not watching videos!
Are you ever on WiFi?? That’s a lot of data assuming it’s only one device and no video streaming.