Thinking of buying a 2003 Eddie Bauer, anything I should watch out for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I feel you can make an expedition work. Yes the space is great for larger people. Seats are comfortable on long trips. I am a little concerned about their asking price. That is a pretty "Mint Condition" Asking price. If you are in MD, I would worry about rust from salt on the roads. For reference, you can get a decent 2003 4x4 Expedition regardless of trim package (Base, XLT, Eddie Bauer) in California for around $3000 (as of 6/2018). Miles will range between 100-200k miles. I would surely make sure if you pay the asking price that is an exceptional condition vehicle. You may want to ask if that price includes a comprehensive service warranty (no cost from your pocket or copay) since the asking price is above average. Drained battery can be a number of issues. On one of our expeditions the Rear A/C had a power vent door (for recirculating air in the cabin) that was stuck and was constantly trying to shut itself. Needless to say it would drain the battery. On the other expedition, we had a aftermarket alarm module and a aftermarket satellite radio that were both draining the battery. Again these things are annoyances, on a very cheap vehicle purchase (like ours) we were willing to invest the time. At the asking price of the unit you are looking at, I would want it to be free of any concerns. Involving a third party mechanic that has no vested interest in the purchase can be helpful also, they will give you unbiased input. Just do your due diligence pre-purchase so you are confident with your new vehicle.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our friend already purchased his Expedition about 2weeks back. Yeah he paid top retail, and didn't get a mint truck. But we sometimes settle to keep from looking and driving to just get behind the wheel. Sometimes in life finances get in the way, and we end up paying a little more. The little items are a great learning experience for our young friend. I still like driving my not so perfect 18 year old Suv almost 4 years later.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Our friend already purchased his Expedition about 2weeks back. Yeah he paid top retail, and didn't get a mint truck. But we sometimes settle to keep from looking and driving to just get behind the wheel. Sometimes in life finances get in the way, and we end up paying a little more. The little items are a great learning experience for our young friend. I still like driving my not so perfect 18 year old Suv almost 4 years later.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

heck, I've already figured out how to take apart the back door! I'm posting it in the other thread though..

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another website for finding parts is car-part.com
Its LKQ parts which is a huge network... I use them alot for stuff, well used stuff.