Towing with 2007 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to clarify I have a Reese weight distribution hitch (14,000lbs) and the tongue weight is 1,400lbs or 1,000lbs depending on pin hole position. The sway bars are Reese V-5 rated, 10,000lb gross trailer weight, 800max hitch weight. This is what I currently tow with. Thanks for the infor...I'll have to look into the bigger tranny and oil coolers.

that is a nice hitch just remember to stay with in the limits of your expy, i would ask and check your self in the trailer you are looking at is designed to be pulled with a light duty vehicle, things to look for are axel placement and holding tank placement... as for the radiator upgrade if your gonna be in the mountains i would do it if not your stock radiator will do fine... IMO the trailer your looking at is too long for the expy... good luck with your decision and drive safe

OP
OP
B

baf0929

Reaction score
I'm not towing long distances (1 to 3 hours away). I'm going to change the fluids over to full synthetic and I'll put beefier (thicker sidewall) tires on the rear end. We'll see how she does with that for now.

OP
OP
B

baf0929

Reaction score
Right now I only have the 7 pin round connector. I don't remember if I originally had the 4 pin flat that was converted to the 7 pin by the RV shop. It didn't have the 7 pin when I bought it.

RUFFSTUFF

Reaction score
All the Expy's (at least 2005-up) come with a transmission cooler. The towing package makes it a bigger one. If yours didn't have a 7-pin connector stock you most likely do not have a towing package.

FWIW, my tranny cooler is 8-fins not 7.

I have a print out of the features by running the VIN and found that I do have the following features: heavy duty alternator, 3.73 drive ratio, heavy duty battery, 5.4 engine, standard duty suspension, less front and rear shock absorbers, suspension--coil spring, trailer tow prep pack, auxillary transmission oil cooler.

How did you get this info? I'm looking for it as well...