What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed new struts all around.

Was it REAL difficult to install the new struts? I am getting a 3/2 lift and I have to go through almost the same type of process to install that I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xlstreetglide

Reaction score
Replacing the stock struts wasn't too bad. If you can do a brake job you can do struts. Took almost3hrs at a local DIY auto shop. I helped a buddy replace struts on a '08 with the 3/2 lift it is pretty difficult alone. Recommend finding a buddy. Rear wasn't too difficult but front had to drop A arms to fit the strut with 3inch attachment. Not sure about your '03

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing the stock struts wasn't too bad. If you can do a brake job you can do struts. Took almost3hrs at a local DIY auto shop. I helped a buddy replace struts on a '08 with the 3/2 lift it is pretty difficult alone. Recommend finding a buddy. Rear wasn't too difficult but front had to drop A arms to fit the strut with 3inch attachment. Not sure about your '03

Thanks my buddy is a diesel tech with a f250 I'll see if he'll help me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed a new set of 6000k hi/lo hids and put in new led fog light bulbs.

I love the fact that xlts cone pre wired for fog lights, ask I have to do is mount the fog lights, hook up the loose fog light wires behind the bumper and install an oem headlight switch that has the fog light switch built into it and that's it!

slhanks4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Technically I didn't do it, but the dealer did. I took my '08 in for a few items: oil change, ac problems, and the TPMS light stays on. I have only had this truck since May and since July I have been laid up with a bum foot from surgery, so I haven't been able to take care of much since then.

ac problem: the compressor was leaking and the txv valve was bad.
tpms problem: the sensors in the wheels were incorrect. Previous owner must have swapped wheels with another vehicle. All 4 sensors needed to be replaced.

Also, they found I had a leaky right front axle seal and half my fan shroud was missing.

Since I am not in any shape to do the work myself, I gave them the okay to do all the work. I pick it up this evening, and my wallet is about $2500 lighter. I knew if the ac was involved it wouldn't be cheap. This took care of some nagging issues and restores my peace of mind.

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Replaced the serpentine belt. It went pretty easy with a 1/2" drive ratchet and a piece of pipe for extra leverage.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Filled the tank, thank you Kroger fuel points
7132659b3d73635c27467fe866be0682.jpg
191dbd89a0b33ce612d57340df8de405.jpg