What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EliteFord

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my buddy invited me over to use his lift to change my front rotors. ran over there under the gun, raised it and swapped them out in 90 min, which is slow for all of you, but fast for me lol. smooth as butter now.

also had a can rattle coming from the engine, went and changed the oil and it went away. I'm wondering if quicker oil changes become required with high mileage.

my exp is great, love it, had it for 120k, 'been good to my family. eventually need to upgrade, but suv prices have doubled the last 6 years. and my wife wants an infiniti qx80 on top of that.

above all, i hate bad investments, as in depreciating, part of life i guess.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You were probably low on oil, yikes. You better keep an eye on oil level, at least once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok will do, no low oil light, but will keep an eye on it. thanks.

The oil light indicates low pressure rather than oil level. Granted, if the level drops the pressure will drop as well, but by the time light comes on it may be too late. I check mine every 500 miles or so, though I "only" burn about 1 qt every oil change ("only" is quoting the many Ford techs who told me anything less than 1 qt every 1K miles is low consumption ... haha).

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My engine holds 6 qts of oil. But if 1 qt of oil could keep the oil pick up tube fully submerged, the oil light will never come on.

If the light comes on, you are either uncovering the oil pick up tube or you have debris clogging the oil pick up tube (or the pump is bad). Any one of which are bad and basically an indication that you will be purchasing a new engine unless you remedy the situation immediately.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know on my 5.4 first generation, I need to wait at least 15 minutes for the oil to return to the pan. A lot of times I just check the oil cold, that way I don't have to wait. Of course I take into account the lower reading on the stick, due to it being cold. Bottom line check your oil often, and especially if you hear any noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USMCBuckWild

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It actually sounds great! I was somewhat surprised since I didn't put in new speakers. I did have to install the "Ford" amp that came with it though, so maybe that's why. The bass is about the same, but the treble sounds better and it's clearer.

I have the entire stock speaker system out of my Expy if you want them. The rear 6x8s are coaxials and the fronts are component seperates. The factory tweeters have the factory "Stone" colored interior grilles.