What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Anyone knows what this device is called?

I noticed a vacuum leak like symptom today, but while in gear (R, D, 3,2,1) it would idle fine for a few seconds once I come to a complete stop then slowly the rpm dips and the engine would shake more and more until the PCM corrects it by increasing the idle rpm to almost a 1000 from the usual 550, all the hoses to it were dry rotted with holes, I fixed it since but didn't drive it since the fix... Still unsure what it controls or what it is even called. Anyone got a clue?

2005 5.4 3v

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Update:

Drove fine this morning for the first 10 mins then I get a CEL p2198 p0174, bad idle and drove the rest of the way to work in limb mode. Gonna look into it after work

mike nadeau

Reaction score
Anybody ever figure out the travel in the brake pedal? New rotors all the way around, new booster and master. But I've always had this. My 99 f150 had an adjustable rod that accuated the master cylinder.
06 expedition

MedicMoe

Reaction score
i dropped my fuel tank to swap out the fuel pump assembly. Noticed that there was no "net on the pump", but I found part of it sucked into to the fuel pump inlet. truck runs way better now!

mike nadeau

Reaction score
Another question.
How is your ac?
I'm here in Phoenix and mine sucks! After new, condesor, expansion valves, compressor seems fine, and the switch to a mark vIII electric fan still only seeing 50's and when it gets into the 112 plus might 70's especially when sotting in traffic. I even had 2 electric pushers ontop of the mark vIII fan at 1 point.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Mine is fixed now, didn't have time to drive but idles normally again.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Night shots of the puddles too! The light output in person is insane compared to stock!!
61057370e46c51fd6ddd6dfceea03463.jpg
443623bda4246db77b4f2c58c30d1b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear gawds...i FINALLY understand why theyre called "puddle lights"

Always thought they were just referring to the puny puddle of light produced by the stock version *facepalm*

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear gawds...i FINALLY understand why theyre called "puddle lights"

Always thought they were just referring to the puny puddle of light produced by the stock version *facepalm*
Ahaha, yeah I love the led upgrade now you can actually see if you're going to put your shoe into a bunch of water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk