What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new doors...8"...2-6.5s...4" bullet tweeter and 2 component tweeters in each door

Amp rack being sealed off for 4 sub amps and 4 speaker amps
aba1c85f6b157a44b35b2f61c3c6ced9.jpg
b787446d5f09ce7eb84a5c81886e8873.jpg
fb4d0b5a826d095d7999dfea8fd4b344.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still have to paint the side pieces and going to redo the right side over
ec02011665c8455dc05bf4f181dbef79.jpg

acolic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nothing as fancy as what some have done but this is what I've done to my 99 Expedition.

Things I have changed over the last 5 years:

Timing belt
Alternator
Upper rad hose
Transmission Lines
A/C Lines
1x Spark plug with a helicoil
1 x Coil pack
Complete brakes
Brake lines
Driver side seat controller switch
All shocks
Tie rod ends
Front wheel bearings
Rear track arms

About to be replaced:
Rear springs
Rear track bar
Rear end links
Rear sway bar

Next to be replaced:
Front swaybar
Front control arm bushings
Body bushings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do u have any pictures of the back side . Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do... here's the backside shortly after I received it. Below is with how the mounting scheme turned out. It's similar to what was recommended by WAM, just a little beefier.

IMG_6707.JPG

It basically just slides up over the frame beams. Only thing I don't like about it is that there is zero adjustability. You bolt it up and it sits the way it sits and that's it. Can't really slide it side to side because of the vertical plate that slides along the inside wall of the beam. And you can't slide it in or out because the beam is tapered. If I had to do it again, I would cut the beam just at the existing bumper mounts and have slotted mounting plates welded to the bumper. This way you could shim it in or out and could raise it up or down. Probably even better ways to mount it if you put some thought into it.

IMG_6870.JPG

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do... here's the backside shortly after I received it. Below is with how the mounting scheme turned out. It's similar to what was recommended by WAM, just a little beefier.

View attachment 21426

It basically just slides up over the frame beams. Only thing I don't like about it is that there is zero adjustability. You bolt it up and it sits the way it sits and that's it. Can't really slide it side to side because of the vertical plate that slides along the inside wall of the beam. And you can't slide it in or out because the beam is tapered. If I had to do it again, I would cut the beam just at the existing bumper mounts and have slotted mounting plates welded to the bumper. This way you could shim it in or out and could raise it up or down. Probably even better ways to mount it if you put some thought into it.

View attachment 21427
Ok thanks well I'm gonna order mine with no finish raw metal . Looking at the back side of your
Which mine should be the same, it doesn't look that strong for real world off road use . I'm not seeing no kind of backbone support like 1/4 " box tubing running side to side. I will be using mine for off-road use and I don't want it to bend in at the outer ends below the headlights bc I get into or slide into a deep rut or slide into a boulder rock..
IDK maybe it's more durable/stronger than what the pictures look.
I should be ordering mine this Friday Natalie said it's a 6 week turn around which isn't a big deal for me. Bc I'm gonna reinforce the frame horns by boxing them in with 1/4" flat stock. And gonna weld up a frame support just behind the holes on the frame where the bumper mounts with some box tubing running left side inner frame rail to right side inner frame rail.
But thank u for the pictures and your thoughts and opinions on it..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had it in to the dealership looking for a water leak in the driver's side door. Naturally after having water on it all day they couldn't find any water inside. So that was a wasted day. I did get to drive a 17 Fusion Hybrid - weird vehicle not much power compared to the 3.5 EcoBoost.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I just stared at mine sit on the drive way... it's usefulness is starting to fade now, it's been sitting in the same spot for 11 days now... the longest it's ever been sitting by 9 days since I bought it.

On the other hand, Im swaping my work truck for another one, it's coming from St. Louis tomorrow.. same exact specs minus this one coming has the 5.0 & no fog lights, mine currently has the 6.2, the other engineer agreed to the swap cause he wants the 6.2 and I agreed cause his has a bed cab that is fully decked out & set up for all my power equipment.

The expy well I'm gonna fix the exhaust manifold leak and put it for Sale, possibly the g37s too in hopes I can acquire a crew cab 2015-2016 F250/f350 diesel.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started securing the 8ga wire for the subs
b382dacebb8fca732b6b7aa9790c1155.jpg
d2cc097676bef0f3b82f5e97468931f1.jpg
a8122bbb2f101894c17f7456a6afba23.jpg
b69b2887533e5f3a43f55143f3f7836d.jpg