What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cursed it a lot. I'm 30miles from home and the **** won't start. All it does is click one of the relays in the fuse box. I get this often when I leave the key in with the engine off for a few minutes or so. If i let it "rest" for half an hour it usually restarts.
Today i left they key in with the engine off for about 20 minutes so that the kids could watch a dvd while their mom was in a store. I let it sit for an hour and still doesn't start. Giving it another 20 min before i call towing.

Last edited:

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm finally home. The CAA (canadian AAA) gave me the tiniest battery boost ever and the truck started like nothing had happened. We even took it off the booster after less than a minute and it restarted fine all by itself. Even the technician was surprised. Battery diagnostic came out ok but slightly discharged 11.8V), lights and accessories worked it's just the starter that didn't turn. I would have expected it to turn slowly, but it didn't even try turning.
Do expys have a feature where it doesn't even try to crank if it detects the battery to be too low?
Anyway, looks like i need to drive it more often or plug in the trickle charger at night to keep the battery topped up.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Removed the winch cables at the battery and added different lock washers, added shrink tube to the ends and re mounted.

I removed the grill, the license plate holder, the front bumper shroud and bumper and assorted trim.

I removed the bumper pad from the bumper and cleaned all the removed parts.

The bumper was metal to I scrubbed it a tad with a scotch-bright pad and painted with black "bumper paint". The grill and other black plastic I sprayed with several coats of Krylon Fusion black.

I mounted the Curt Manufacturing 31049 Class III, 2" Front Receiver and the bottom brackets for the Westin 35-1180 Black Brush Guard on the same bolts to the front rails and touched them up with some black "no rust" enamel paint. I also spray painted the Westin bolts and washers with it. There was a small skid plate I removed and put that back on.

Tomorrow I will mount the bumper and plastic parts with new plastic whatchamacallits then add the body of the brush guard and line everything up, torque down the bolts.

I need to buy a new bumper trim molding and bumper filler, the ones I pulled off are crap and were painted with the wrong paint before so not worth dealing with.

Now if you will excuse me, there's a beer and some Aleve call me . . .

2000 Ebony XLT

Reaction score
Good lord what a day! I embarked on installing a 3/2 lift on my 2000 Expy. Have been PB Blasting it all week. Rear jacked, tires off lower drivers side off no problem. Remove the spring and go to work on the upper shock mount. Well DAMN! It backs 1/8 of the way off then freezes up and wouldnt you know the nut is so corroded its totally round!

Needles to say, 12 hours, 7 different tools, two packs of heavy duty Dremel cut off wheels later and I cut it off. Replacement bolt to be gotten in the morning and finish up the other three corners which, needless to say don't look to be as corroded as the one I worked on today.

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wowza . . that's what I always envision in my head when people say "I did it myself with one eye and a bad arm and it only took me an hour and a half . . ."

Murphy's Law, I never escape it.

Good luck on competing the job, hope you have some pics to show for all that.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tackled my headlights today! Baked them for 18 min at 225 and it was a piece of cake! I was always leery of doing this because if i f@%*ed it up i would have to shell out money to fix it!

Used a green scotch bright sponge to get the reflective stuff off and gave it two coats of gloss black i had lying around and it turned out AWESOME!

After i got them painted my son was driving me nuts to go to the park so i baked the at 200 for about 20 min to dry the paint quicker.

DSCF5668.jpg
DSCF5669.jpg
DSCF5670.jpg
DSCF5672.jpg
DSCF5673.jpg
DSCF5674.jpg

hovocop

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an apple mp3 player with car adapter to replace broken cd changer in golve compartment

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
decided to put my jvc deck back in. wired it all up and turned on. no power to the speakers. :( great. now have to figure out whats going on tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker