What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had the bull bar finally installed with help from a kind friend. Also got the final new 18in wheel on too. The other 18in wheels are for sale now. They look great together! Pics soon!

Let me see those wheels. And pics of the Bull Bar. I want one so bad, I can taste it.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also, I cleaned mine real well. Vacuumed the whole thing out, wiped everything down, and hand washed it. Looks so pretty when it's clean.

barigyasi

Reaction score
teaser pic of what i finished up on full write up coming soon in my build thread (link in sig)

Blaqjak21

Reaction score
Was finally able to do the AUX input mod which worked out great . New projector headlights and HID kit soon to be delivered w/ Projector fogs to follow.

barigyasi

Reaction score
Pretty sweet. Lane24 will be jealous haha. Are you putting LED's in as well?

yeah i am, i am currently installing my projectors and trying to figure out how to wire them to the DRL's in the blinker, i know black is ground but idk which other wire is constant when the DRL's are switched on, i really dont wanna splice a wire to figure it out but i might have too haha

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did some body work and started my rocker replacement- Cutting out the old ones and welding 2 new rockers in

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i am, i am currently installing my projectors and trying to figure out how to wire them to the DRL's in the blinker, i know black is ground but idk which other wire is constant when the DRL's are switched on, i really dont wanna splice a wire to figure it out but i might have too haha

Raptor style LED grille lights-install pics - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

That link will answer your questions. Pretty sure the brown wire was the one I used to splice my lights in.

EDIT: Page 10 on the thread explains the minor wire is in fact the brown, so use that. The rest of the thread is good for ideas though. I used the 10mm bolts from superbrightleds.com that they describe and then some 1 1/2in corner brackets and epoxy to mount them.
picture.jpg

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
today i started off fixing the plug on the multi function switch so my turn signals would work with the wheel tilted

then checked the front end expecting to find it needing ball joints and all that stuff and was pleasantly surprised to find almost all the the front end had been replaced recently including new brakes and brake lines, only needs an ideler arm

next i unplugged the drain for the evap core and sprayed the cleaner down the vents and air intakes to get rid of the mildew smell
IMG_20130816_135119_622.jpg

next we serviced the T-case and did the Brown Wire Mod (works very well)

then i replaced the wiper motor bracket for the rear wiper and correctly installed the lift gate handle, no more rattles back there is a great thing
IMG_20130816_143716_810.jpg

then i cleaned the throttle body and upper intake it was really bad, and correctly installed the CAI, the heat shield was not bolted down the support bracket was not being used and the filter was not oiled, also cleaned the MAF while i was at it
IMG_20130816_135012_028.jpg
IMG_20130816_134910_246.jpg
IMG_20130816_134904_413.jpg

it didn't have a 3rd row seat when we bought it but i found at a junk yard that was left out side by the pullers pretty dirty, but for $50 i couldn't turn it down a few hours of cleaning at it looks really good
IMG_20130817_174201_679.jpg
IMG_20130817_174132_889.jpg

thats all i did today, i still need to service the rear and front diff's and have the tranny flushed and filter changed for good measure and figure out what to do with the front suspension

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Scangauge 2 install. Took less then 2min including the ripping of the box and I now have 4 pids simultaneously running. So happy to have my trucks vitals so readily available and I get to keep my stock vent for half the price.

e7ura5yh.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4