What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Took mine to the stealership and had the transmission serviced, system flushed, all fluid changed to Mercon V, she seems very smooth now, I think I was having a bit of torque converter shudder which I do not feel at all any more. 131,000 miles and no idea of previous maintenance performed and I tow, they said the trans. had definitely been serviced in the past and it and entire vehicle is in very good condition for age/mileage.

What was your shudder like? i.e. what speed, how long, more of a vibration or wiggle? I changed my fluid with filter and such too but still have a shudder that I hate!

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today.... I used my Expedition for the coolest thing EVER! I drove my daughter home in it!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I accidentally completely locked my drivers side door shut from inside and out today... I was working on the window regulator when I thought I would tape that pesky bar down that is supposed to be connected to the exterior key lock on the handle (been broken for years and rattles around in the door). Put the panel back on and get everything back together, close the door to see if the rattle is gone, and it will not open back up. Go around the other side and press the unlock button, lock still doesn't come up. Pull on the interior handle, door won't budge...

I managed to get a pliers on the lock tab and pull it upwards peeling some of the tape on the inside off. Lock now functions again, but I felt pretty dumb at first having engaged the lock like that haha.

Oh and I got my window fixed. Duct tape is the answer to all problems.

Irwin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Short list of new goodies-
Bfg 315-70-17s
Keys and 2" pucks
Ball joints- upper and lower
Tie rod ends
Sway bar links

With any luck it'll be riding higher (and better)
This weekend!

Last edited:

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I accidentally completely locked my drivers side door shut from inside and out today... I was working on the window regulator when I thought I would tape that pesky bar down that is supposed to be connected to the exterior key lock on the handle (been broken for years and rattles around in the door). Put the panel back on and get everything back together, close the door to see if the rattle is gone, and it will not open back up. Go around the other side and press the unlock button, lock still doesn't come up. Pull on the interior handle, door won't budge...

I managed to get a pliers on the lock tab and pull it upwards peeling some of the tape on the inside off. Lock now functions again, but I felt pretty dumb at first having engaged the lock like that haha.

Oh and I got my window fixed. Duct tape is the answer to all problems.

If you can't duc it, f-it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only thing mine did was make a run to Carl's Jr. for a couple of Guacamole Bacon Cheeseburgers. GF bought, so I drove.
Mmmmm cheez burger with BACON and guac...