What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beardskii

Reaction score
Painted the Grill black with Dupli-color trim paint. Looks too Sick. However, Now the bottom Trim of the bumper that is Grey doesn't Match :/

You think it would be wise to use the same spray for that trim?

Weekend story btw. So about Last Monday my 00 XLT Threw the dreaded check engine light. Had it ran at a local autozone and was told it was the Lean 1 & 2 Code. PO175 orr whateva. Sooo I ahve been reading these forums before I've ever had an issue. I knew what to expect, 90 Degree fitting on the back of the motor.

Saturday Morning I'm hauling the kids around, stop by our families garage sale, go to leave and Boom, not power. Pop the hood, notice an ungodly amount of corrosion around the cables, these things have seen better days. Not even the same style of Terminals on each pole. A quick wiggle and were all good, I turn the engine over with the hood open and hear the loudest air gushing noise I've heard since playing with a compressor hose.

Put my hand over the PCV on the valve cover and feel a ridiculous amount of air pouring towards the front of the car. So I yank the PCV valce off and there is a hole in the line connected to the PCV. Car still ran..not well but she ran.

Drove down to the local Oreily's, I'm less than a mile away in thick saturday morning traffic. Stop a light, gauges are going HAM loosing their grip, combined with the corroded/loose terminals she dies in mid traffic. I hop out and begin to do the back and forth run around when luckily my brother appears right behind me to save the day. (or atleast throw some caution lights on and lend a hand) Got her started and got down to the store, just replaced the PCV and line for preservation sake. Solid idle, purrs like a V8 Kitten.

What a weekend!

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have used that dupli-color trim paint on other projects and I really like it, it sprays really nice, I think it would be great for the lower portion of your front bumper... I was going to plastidip the lower part of my front bumper but I figured that lower part will be the first part to contact snow or ice if I happen to slide into a snow or ice bank during the winter or be the first spot to hit branches And tall grass in the summer so I just left it oem gray so it's free TO TAKE a BEATING WITHOUT ME HAVING TO WORRY AbouT IT ALL THE TIME, but to each their own,best of luck with your project!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:

superexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gave my expy a good wax rub. Painted my billet grill black and then sanded down the front so it looked normal again and cleared it. I then bent it some to fit my plastic grill piece a little better. expy is much happier.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got around to putting on a few things that I bought like a year ago.

Got the black upper & lower billet grills on.uploadfromtaptalk1384669808376.jpguploadfromtaptalk1384669841866.jpguploadfromtaptalk1384669875138.jpg

Also modified the shroud around the filter on my cai because it was hitting the hood and not letting it close all the way.

Sent from my $amsung $III using Tapatalk

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also put in my piaa xtreme white plus highs, lows and fogs which I'm not super impressed with but still better than the stockers. And I replaced my drivers side fog light assembly since the other one was fogging up on me. Looks good but doesn't match the passenger side now so I'll be ordering a new one for that side.uploadfromtaptalk1384670550562.jpg

And finally swapped out the front signal bulbs with led's, and put in the led flasher module that I got from superbrightleds.com.

Last edited:

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice stuff mike, I'd like to see what those lights are like at night, piaas are one if the best for halogen.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice stuff mike, I'd like to see what those lights are like at night, piaas are one if the best for halogen.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out except I wasn't thinking when I ordered the led bulbs for the front and got white instead of amber so it's a weird shade of yellow but it'll work for now.

I'll get some night shots of the highs and lows tonight too.