What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not today, but this weekend....

I detailed the inside of #ProjectFranchesca to get her ready for our road trip.

00EddieExpy

Reaction score
Ripped apart the liftgate and put yet another (3rd and last) remanufactured rear wiper motor in, relieved some of the tension on the wiper arm spring to maybe help. While open put on a new liftgate handle I got off ebay.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed a Volant Cold Air Intake and finally fixed the broken fastener that held my wiper cowl on. At highway speeds, it would rattle and drive me crazy.

Nice! How do you like the volant? I love mine, it def gave my expedition some much needed sound, I mean I love the smooth quiet way it operates but the intake is noticeable under hard acceleration, I did notice my milage improve as well, since I tend to baby my expedition and drive slowly normally, the intake helped me get another 100 kms (roughly 50 miles) more than with the stock setup with k&n drop in filter.

I'm def happy I found the intake brand new on the local classifieds

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New brake pads in the rear drivers corner. I had replaced the rear passenger in -5 degree weather this winter, and thankfully the other side was able to hold out until the weather warmed up a bit.

Also used her to pull home a new go kart haha. It has an old junk Yamaha motor in it that we will replace with a Polaris motor (we're Polaris nuts) but the price was right so it should be a cool little ride once we get it running.

rvm1

Reaction score
New radiator and water pump on my 04 EB. Looks like the previous owner neglected to change coolant.

Sent from my GT-I9505

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to aerate the whole interior. Casey left a bag of leftovers in the Expy for 3 days in the hot sun. YUCK

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Polished the entire expedition front to back, top to bottom. The name tuxedo black totally suits the color, I've had other oem black vehicles and they e never as deep and shiny as fords tuxedo black it is my favorite factory black paint I've ever seen and the meguiars polish worked wonders on it

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I washed and waxed her. Made sure I paid close attention to the roof and I did the King Ranch wheels too (They have a lot of spokes).

1stGeExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I kept getting p0171 & p0174 codes so I decided to check the pcv tube and I found this...

agupe6as.jpg

That's not a piece of rubber hose wrapped in electrical tape, it's the plastic hose!

I fixed it properly and my truck is running a lot better now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I kept getting p0171 & p0174 codes so I decided to check the pcv tube and I found this...

agupe6as.jpg

That's not a piece of rubber hose wrapped in electrical tape, it's the plastic hose!

I fixed it properly and my truck is running a lot better now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Had the same codes and I ended up changing the intake gaskets, vacuum hoses, spark plugs and a cpl coil packs before I solved it, after putting avolant cold air intake to to it off and it sounds and drives great now