What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

northernexp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's awesome! I chose to dump $into my summer car but I'm regretting it now because it's cost me too much and I'm still not driving it,I should have just bought a lift kit and tires.

please keep posting pics of your progress, you must be stoked! can you please give us some info on the parts/setup?

greasemonger

Reaction score
Purchased 6x22 LED amber strobe lights, 4x22 LED white strobe lights, and control box to mount on the roof rack and behind the grille. This ought to help with visibility on emergency response and roadway jobs. I also picked up a set of clear headlights to add hideaway strobes to eventually whenever I decide what to replace the tailights with. Will post pics and video once received, wired, and mounted. Hopefully it ends up something like this (but not quite as complicated): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg5izVt_h_c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that's awesome! I chose to dump $into my summer car but I'm regretting it now because it's cost me too much and I'm still not driving it,I should have just bought a lift kit and tires.

please keep posting pics of your progress, you must be stoked! can you please give us some info on the parts/setup?

It's the 6" Fabtech lift that I've had sitting for a couple years, when done the total lift in the Expy will be 11".:flamingdevil:
I'vw put all new CV's, ball joints and tie rods in. also cleaned and painted some parts up.
I'm heading to Bloomsburg Jamboree to pick up some tires just haven't decided on what size.

AskMeLater

Reaction score
Installed the rear Bilstein shocks on the 03 4x4.
Bilstein p/n 24-131599 (2wd & 4x4)

Did the fronts Saturday
Bilstein p/n 24-131582 (4x4)

Old shocks were the originals. What a difference!

Purchased from TAPautoparts.com Found them over on f150forum.com

Odimus

Reaction score
2 more spark plugs done for a total of 6...have no idea to get the back 2 on passenger side...

OD's Note 3

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to pull the cooling hoses aside. I tied them back using rope. That plus two universals and cursing will get them out.

Sent from

Odimus

Reaction score
Damn...I was so close...I had the cussing part down... :D I did disconnect the coolant line and tied it off to the battery...

OD's Note 3

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if you have those out of the way then you should be in the clear. I also took the fuel rail loose from the intake so I could move it a little bit out of the way. I did not pull it off though.

Hardest one for me was cylinder 7 under the fuel pressure regulator. If you changed that one without issue, then those back two should be easier. A big factor is the size of your hands haha

Sent from the Pocket Computer

Odimus

Reaction score
No problems with the others...do have extra large mitts though... :D

OD's Note 3