What did you do to the expy today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammerg26

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know what they say about guys with big hands.....

Big gloves. :)

HAHA

I was able to get rear diff changed when I replaced the right side rear axle seal.
Drained and filled and drained and filled transmission.
Replaced fuel filter.
Changed oil.

Really want to lift it and do some interior work (ie replace woofer, install CB, etc. ), and get a tuner and exhaust.

robertcope

Reaction score
Put my permanent plates and EZ Tag on it. Just got back from about 700 miles of travel with it. Such an awesome cruiser! Only got about 16mph, though, but I was running 75 to 80 mph most of the way (that's the legal limit here).

robert

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gave the Big Girl a bath and Maguires Cleaner Wax to get some of the grit out of the paint. A clay bar would be the thing to do, but I didn't have that much time today. The cleaner wax was enough to get out the scratches from a couple a bushes that tagged me a couple weeks ago.

Also did the "factory" Gotts mod with the F250/ecoboost schnozzle in place of the OEM. We'll see if I can feel a difference in tomorrow's commute. Interesting to see that the whole OEM duct fits inside of the ecoboost/F250 schnozzle thingy.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just came back from a 1400 + mile trip. My Expedition performed flawlessly. Eight hours on the road going and coming back plus a lot of running around once we got there. I averaged 15.4 MPG on the way out and 15.9 on the way back. Long portions of the trip at 71 MPH and a shorter portion at 77 MPH. I really like my truck. :smile:

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plastidipped the liftgate after I've sanded down a bunch of those pesky aluminum corrosion bubbles under the paint. At first I tried repainting with actual automotive paint and clear coat, but didn't like the outcome so I decided to go flat black. I may spray some Pastidip glossifier over it later if I decide I don't like the flat look.
Blacked out the badges in the process too. I might take the plastidip off the Ford logo, but will likely leave it over the "Expedition" and "Eddie bauer" logos.

foredeckguy

Reaction score
2014 plugs 2.jpgReplaced plugs in my new-to-me 2006 XLT yesterday using 3/8" air impact gun. #1 and 4 broke so I needed the Lisle tool and it worked great. 5 hours isn't the longest time for this repair I'm sure but we're back on the road and running good.
Gary

To add a little more detail about my successful plug change. The motor was hot when I started but by the time I got PCM and coil pack removed, figured out the right extensions to use and dealt with the new locking 6" socket extension that fell apart (autozone special). I used 3/8" air impact wrench and took out the first 4 without problems (installing the new plugs with nickle anti-sieze as I went). By now (2 hours in) the motor had cooled alot. The 5th and last plugs broke and the Lisle tool worked great. I just couldn't understand the "breaking the plug loose 1/8 to 1/4 turn then soak with penetrating fluid". If the nose of the plug is stuck in the head due to carbon build-up, forcing the plug should break it. If the penetrating fluid method resulted in 100% sucess, I would have gone that route. I ran 2 tanks of gas with Techron addative and Seafoam in the booster vac line last weekend. Seems to me cleaning the plug/ inside cylinder is the best approach. The plugs came out very clean to my eye with a thin, light tan deposit on nose of plug. The broken plugs even looked ok. If the motor were warmer, I wonder if all could have been removed complete. It really isn't as bad a job as some make it sound. Good luck, Gary

Attachments

• DSCN0351.jpg
    DSCN0351.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took a trip down to Monterey CA today, to the fishermans wharf. uploadfromtaptalk1404062222233.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

robertcope

Reaction score
First tow with the EXPY today. It wasn't much, my trailer (~1200lbs) and a '66 VW Bug shell on it (maybe 800lbs-1000lbs?). As you might imagine, I could barely tell it was behind me.

robert

mikew66

Reaction score
Put a new backup light on the Expy.
ba8e8ety.jpg

yruruma7.jpg