What do u think of the wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Freeway I was told that the bigger the rim i would lose the comfort of the ride ... 18's in the biggest i think i would go.. just my opinion..

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Nice Baker... Far as the wheels, thanks for the info, just looking around for ideas... Its been hard actually to find a good looking wheel for this ... I am use to having cars this is actually my 1st Bigger Vehicle... I am a girl lol .... wanna help me out guys.. i want my ride to look Bad ass...:flamingdevil:
being a woman dont mean mean nuttin,,,

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Freeway I was told that the bigger the rim i would lose the comfort of the ride ... 18's in the biggest i think i would go.. just my opinion..

That is a correct opinion, or should I say fact. The more sidewall you take out of the equation, the less impact absortion is created by the tire. So it is a fact that the ride will be harsh compared to a 18" rim and tire combo vs a 20-22" rim and tire combo.

But on the other hand with a larger rim and tire combo, you gain lateral support from the stiffness created with less sidewall while cornering and higher speed driving.

But for me comfort vs stability due to a tire combo, comfort will win every time.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
keep ur stock rims. just get some nice mud tires like me and expeditionary have. mud terrains look badass on these trucks

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yes you do..however...20's will still give you a lot of sidewall that the affect will be minimal...and with the right tire...you may not even notice...then you get the benefit of improved handling from the wider wheel and minimal loss in comfort...i started to say 18's...but whats 2 more inches...lol...search craigslist.com in parts...ppl are always selling their rims...for next to nothing...unless you just want that rim...which i understand that as well...

g/l

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ Baker i agree, I was just being silly, dont mind me , having a moment lol

@ skyjumper comfort is what i would go with everytime... thats why im trying to not go to big on rim's

@ bigred i am close to staying with stock , rim shoppin is frustrating ..

@ Freeway, Craigslist is my best friend i am always looking there, thanks so much guys for all the opinions, now decision time...

Reaction score
I would go at least 20", and for ride quality just keep a big tire on it, I have 22" with 305-45-22 and as for ride quality they feel the same as stock,,but i love taking corners with the 22" 's they stick to the road!!