Where do these missing vacuum lines go ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scoot0073

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The line covered by plastic shroud is the vacuum line TO the hot water valve. The bare vacuum tube is the SUPPLY line TO the EATC vacuum manifold under the dash.

Expy%20Vacuum%20Lines_zpsablihazf.jpg
Thanks u so much. Yup I don't have the supply line coming out the firewall same place as the hot water vacuum line..
And I bet the dash would have to be pulled to find where it goes and run another line out..
Well I'm not pulling the dash so guess I'll just have to settle with just defrost... Grrrrr

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well it all ends up at the electronic control manifold there at the front of the center console (under the dash area...). So you could pull the center console out and see if there's anything left of the supply vacuum line. Depending on what you find you might be able to use the hot water valve line to fish some guide string up through the dash grommet. You got nothin to lose at this point. Probably a lot of the original supply line is still there. Maybe even pull the firewall grommet out on the engine bay side and see if you can see the tube, get some needle nose on it and pull enough through to splice the pieces together with a piece of hose?

-Mike

OP
OP
scoot0073

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well it all ends up at the electronic control manifold there at the front of the center console (under the dash area...). So you could pull the center console out and see if there's anything left of the supply vacuum line. Depending on what you find you might be able to use the hot water valve line to fish some guide string up through the dash grommet. You got nothin to lose at this point. Probably a lot of the original supply line is still there. Maybe even pull the firewall grommet out on the engine bay side and see if you can see the tube, get some needle nose on it and pull enough through to splice the pieces together with a piece of hose?

-Mike
Ok I'm willing to pull the center console . if I can get to the manifold then I can jus run all new line out .
I'll first pull that gourmet out and c if I can see any of the supply line and might get lucky enough to pull enough oout the gourmet to add to it..
Thank u for your time brother

Jared allen

Reaction score
Thanks u so much. Yup I don't have the supply line coming out the firewall same place as the hot water vacuum line..
And I bet the dash would have to be pulled to find where it goes and run another line out..
Well I'm not pulling the dash so guess I'll just have to settle with just defrost... Grrrrr

In the pic above where does the vaccum line go to that is causing my ac to switch from vent to frost so i was told

OP
OP
scoot0073

scoot0073

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the pic above where does the vaccum line go to that is causing my ac to switch from vent to frost so i was told
Yes, it's my understanding that the vacuum line control's the actuator blend door in the dash to switch from defrost/vents. Which I don't have I only got defrost.
The other end goes to a black plastic square like hollow canister between the passenger fender and battery.
In my case I don't have the vacuum line coming through the firewall like the picture above so I would have to pull my dash to connect a new line and run it to the vacuum canister behind the battery.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani