Who has the most miles on the odometer of their expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backnine29

Reaction score
2000 EB bought new currently @ 125K. Running great. Regular maintenance and one prior $700 electrical issue. Last week the odometer light started going out and then on at random periods of time. Have not looked into it yet but hope it is not an expensive repair.

Snag

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good question, original? If so this has to be a poster child for Ford.

Seen one on CL yesterday with 460k, needing work

I am going out on a limb here and I haven't looked at many posts. I would bet the higher mileage units will be first generation after 97. I say that not because they are just older rigs but because the late 04's up with the phaser engines just have too many things going bad wrong. Sadly you still see those same problems at the end of that crappy engine run, just had a guy with a 2011 with 99k post, dead engine.

Last edited:

reidar

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question, original? If so this has to be a poster child for Ford.

Seen one on CL yesterday with 460k, needing work

I am going out on a limb here and I haven't looked at many posts. I would bet the higher mileage units will be first generation after 97. I say that not because they are just older rigs but because the late 04's up with the phaser engines just have too many things going bad wrong. Sadly you still see those same problems at the end of that crappy engine run, just had a guy with a 2011 with 99k post, dead engine.

Unlike the F150's, 2004 Expeditions still have the 2v Triton engine. My 2004 now has 207,500 on the odometer.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually it started out 2002 in the Australian Fairmont, then in 2004 for the f150 pickup, then as Snag said 2005 in the Expedition. Next year production can be as early as April or May of previous year like in the 1965 Mustang, but as a rule, after October can be the next year. Makes it hell on parts Managers like me trying to get right parts. I used to go a year back and a year forward when I couldn't match customers parts for replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shabadoo

Reaction score
2000 EB 5.4L last time the odometer flashed on it was about 230k. Been in the family its whole life.