05 expedition cranks but doesnt start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the three main ingredients is missing:
1) Fuel
2) Spark
3) Air - compression

What is the fuel pressure?
Do you have spark?
We will assume it has compression and air since we are still breathing and aren't dead.
Been a long day in the land of the ********....

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have spark and everything the fuel pump is still not pressurizing or even turning on at all for some reason

Check the inertia switch in the back on the left side of the hatch. I think you have to press down on the top to reset it.

It's in the little compartment with the quarter turn fastener.

Attachments

• Fuel cutoff switch 05 Expedition.pdf
    36.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
B

bedrck46

what was the reason that you changed the fuel pump and driver

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
i changed the driver cuase it had a whole corroded in it and i thought the fuel pump went bad cause it wasnt priming or coming on at all but today i straight wired the fuel pump from the battery and it fired right up and i checked the inertia switch it wasnt tripped any help will be aprreciated it belongs to a single mother of four i go to church with and would love to get it back to asap thanks

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i changed the driver cuase it had a whole corroded in it and i thought the fuel pump went bad cause it wasnt priming or coming on at all but today i straight wired the fuel pump from the battery and it fired right up and i checked the inertia switch it wasnt tripped any help will be aprreciated it belongs to a single mother of four i go to church with and would love to get it back to asap thanks

Did you check the fuel pump relay? Start by swapping it out with another that you know works. You obviously aren't getting power to the fuel pump so start tracing the power loss back. Could be a loose ground? Fuse? Relay? Broken wire? Aren't electrical problems fun! Good luck my friend.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
okay so i have checked all the fuses and the relay is internlly built into the fuse box it is non serviceable unless you replace the whole fusebox i dont know about a loose ground or broken wire not an electrical guy really

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I didn't see it mentioned. Is your theft light blinking rapidly?

Pats will allow it to crank but it will not start if its activated.