00 crazy drivers window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonestarjeff

Reaction score
It works just fine in cool weather( <80 degrees), but no go after ambient temperatures climb. I had to reglue the glass clips on this one last year...coincidence?

Also, passenger side window quit working prior to driver side acting up....in any temperature.

Jeff

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My bet is that it’s the window motor. Unbolt it from the door and see if it will run without a load on it.

DWhitley

Reaction score
My SWAG based on my time as a Service Advisor for Ford would be check the harness near the hinge area and behind the parking brake. May have a worn wire that is grounding out as it moves a little when expanding from the heat. I personally would check the continuity for the passenger side, and if the drivers wires are shorting when it won't work.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer
Modifications
Suspension Conversion (prior owner)
Added Battery Charging Quick Connect
Added Accessory Power Block
Installed Footwell LED Lighting
Aftermarket Head Unit
Backup Camera w/Extra LEDs
6-Disc Changer Removed
Installed Satellite Radio
Runningboard Lights changed to color LED
LED Headlights Bulb Changeover
Installed Semi-permanent Cell Charger in Front Dash

Rich_007

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeff
got an 01 I am probably getting rid of. Check your inbox conversation.
Rich

OP
OP
lonestarjeff

lonestarjeff

Reaction score
I'm hearing a click-click from a relay under the dash when I try the driver's side switch. Nothing when I try either of the passenger switches.

Still haven't tested the window motor or the harnesses under the dash.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pulling the door panel off is easy. Unbolting the window motor is easy. I’ll bet the motor works with no load on it. Replace the window motor.

Mine did the same thing. Relay would click but motor wouldn’t work. Motor would run with no load.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I had a 1999 Town Car. It sat for over a year, before I bought it. The back windows didn't work/go down. It was from lack of use. One of the door drains was plugged and had a little water at the bottom. A couple of door slams and up and down a few times got them working.

OP
OP
lonestarjeff

lonestarjeff

Reaction score
I finally braved the heat last week and got into the driver's window issue. I had ordered a new window motor after checking the wiring and relay function. Definitely an easier job than the power lock actuator. The new motor solved my driver side issue. Now to figure out what's going on with the passenger side window....