Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkjames

Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows if Ford officially made a Harley Davidson edition for the the Expedtion from the factory. I know it was available for F-150's around this time. I recently got a 2001 Ford Expedtion with Harley Davidson decals, Rims, and headlishts/tailights and the previous owner didn't know if it was factory or if a dealer added this later. The decals do say F-150 supercharged, though my engine is not supercharged. It is the 4.6L, whcih is a great engine and may have been swapped out at some point, though a detalied Carfax report did not show evidence of this. It also has the Harley Davidson orange and black pin strips on silver paint. The rims look just as dated as the rest of the truck though in great shape, just fading on the decals in the center of the rims. I'm thinking Ford had these extras just laying around and threw it on this Expo before it left the factory. I'm thinking It would be strange for a dealtership to go the extra mile to do this since all the parts are so specific and can be expenstive and/or somewhat hard to hunt down. The decals alone are well over $150/pr. and the rims can't be cheap. If anyone has any information on if Ford actually made Harley Davidson editions for the 2001 Expedition from the factory...Thank you!

Attachments

• Harley Davidson Decal (2).jpg
    Harley Davidson Decal (2).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 6

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows if Ford officially made a Harley Davidson edition for the the Expedtion from the factory. I know it was available for F-150's around this time. I recently got a 2001 Ford Expedtion with Harley Davidson decals, Rims, and headlishts/tailights and the previous owner didn't know if it was factory or if a dealer added this later. The decals do say F-150 supercharged, though my engine is not supercharged. It is the 4.6L, whcih is a great engine and may have been swapped out at some point, though a detalied Carfax report did not show evidence of this. It also has the Harley Davidson orange and black pin strips on silver paint. The rims look just as dated as the rest of the truck though in great shape, just fading on the decals in the center of the rims. I'm thinking Ford had these extras just laying around and threw it on this Expo before it left the factory. I'm thinking It would be strange for a dealtership to go the extra mile to do this since all the parts are so specific and can be expenstive and/or somewhat hard to hunt down. The decals alone are well over $150/pr. and the rims can't be cheap. If anyone has any information on if Ford actually made Harley Davidson editions for the 2001 Expedition from the factory...Thank you!
No they did not make a HD for Expeditions. They never made a supercharged 4.6L either. It would be neat to recreate the Thunder concept though.