03 5.4L Oxygen sensor replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric M

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace all 4 of my O2 sensors.

I'd like to go with Bosch sensors. However, distinguishing between the correct upstream unit and correct downstream unit is not easy (for me at least).

For example, for my vehicle, Amazon shows the Bosch 15717 part as being downstream. You go to Autozone, and the same part is specified as upstream. Same thing on Parts Geek.com: no way to differentiate between upstream and downstream.

In any case, if anyone can tell me exactly which ones I need for upstream and which for downstream I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In Bosch upstream and downstream sensors are the same part number. All four are the same for Bosch. Really the only difference is length of the connector cable in the others. That's why you may see different part number for front and back sensors.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Manufacturer sites are usually pretty good information wise. At least a good place to grab part numbers from to ensure you're looking at the right thing in Amazon, rock auto, etc.

Not to threadjack but since the question has been answered we are about to replace replace on our 03 navigator. Any recommendations for 02 sensors? I've had vehicles in the last that shockingly didn't care for the Bosch 02's. This would be the first time I've looked at replacing on a 5.4

05-Alive-515

Reaction score
I used Bosch when I replaced the ones in my 05. That was 4+ years ago. No issues with Bosch here.
I also used Bosch when I replaced my fuel pump.