'03 Exped driver window went down but not up ... occasionally

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottf200

Reaction score
Re: '03 Exped driver window went down but not up ... occasionally

Twice in the past month my drivers side window would roll down (funny term now adays) but would not go back up. This happened once when it was lightly raining (after leaving garage 3 mins earlier) and another time when it was dry. All the rest of the windows worked from the drivers controls. I'm not exactly sure what allowed me to roll them back up but as I recall I shut the truck off and then when it was back on the next morning it worked. (BTW, I did shut the truck off that night and back on that night but it did not work then...only the next morning).

I've had the truck over 1.5 years but have not driven it daily in the past several months...using another spare vehic.

Any thoughts or TSBs that people are aware of? I can't get it to happen regularly so I don't even know if I took it to the dealer whether they would do anything except have me leave it and let them try it a few times.

TIA, Scott Fauque

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the samething happen. Brought it into the dealer and they replaced the window regulator assembly.

OP
OP
S

scottf200

Reaction score
Originally posted by bnvus
I had the samething happen. Brought it into the dealer and they replaced the window regulator assembly.
Thanks you for responding. Can you expand please? In your case was it consistent and thus could they recreate it? Was it a known problems with a TSB? What did they say was the reason for intermittent problem? I'm asking because from past dealings with the dealership they just want me to leave it so they can look at it but if they can't recreate then I don't think they will do anything. Thanks in advance.

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The regulator broke inside. The guy grabbed the window and moved it side to side in the track and told me it was broke.