05 EB need help finding ACC or Ignition power for DVD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticAthlon

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2005 Expedition EB, and i am wanting to install a rear DVD player. I dropped the roof console and did not find any Ignition or ACC power, and i guess i will need to run it from the Dash.

Can i grab it from the Radio power?
Do i need to setup a separate relay to power off of constant power?
is there a fuse # already for ACC that i can power off of?

Thanks for the help

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The correct way would be to add a circuit to the fuse block that is separate from everything else. Your ground would also use the existing chassis grounds that the factory installed. It is also the most labor intensive of all methods but yields a professional result and appearance.

If you choose to add a branch circuit, you should total up the load on that circuit and compare it to the fuse used. Do not overload or raise the amp rating of the fuse. If there are a few amps to spare then it is fine to add a branch. But if you are 1-2 amps away from the fuse rating then don't add the branch. An example would be you don't want to run a 15amp circuit at a 14 amp load, only because it won't take much more to blow the fuse.