05 EB Transmission rebuild causing Electronic throttle control code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, Good day to all, One day while driving on a heavy traffic suddenly I feel this jerking or shuddering. I have my 2005 Expedition diagnose with a local shop not dealership. They told me to have the transmission rebuild so I said yes. They rebuild and install. I was told i have to light on the gas since clutches are still new it need to be fitted, then I have to oil change when i reach my 1,000km so I did. After I oil change I got no reverse. Since it is under warranty they told me that they need to rebuild it again. After the 2nd rebuild I got no forward motion and now got this warning from the dash Check Electronic Throttle control. It has check engine warning light on. OD light is also on. Now they are telling the tranny is ok but they need to change the ETC sensor. Is there anybody here have the same experience or have experience this. What is Electronic throttle control. I need your advice. Should I bring it to the Dealership? Thanks in advance guys.

2005Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oh man, look like you got rip off or crew by the shop. When they ask for rebuild alway say no. they just want your money, how much did you pay for rebuild ?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got screwed - they do not know what they are doing. Check into the laws over there concerning fraud. Take it to a reputable repair shop for an accurate diagnosis and if it was really rebuilt. Costs for a rebuild over here start around $1600 and go up depending on how much of the install you do.

If the trans was ok then you would be able to drive and the OD light would only come on when you had it in OD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
larshell

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. I already spent $2,200 and a few $100 for oil change. Did you guys got trouble on Electronic Throttle control on your Eddie Bauer? What did you do? What is the usual culprit? Thanks!

OP
OP
larshell

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It shows on the dash check electronic throttle control. I want to check it and try to do it myself. Anyone know should i check it? Thanks

fhboats

Reaction score
You need to get it diagnosed for codes. It could be many different things associated with your ETC. Does your Expy comes with Advanctrac RSC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
larshell

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes with RSC advance trac. Now replacing throttle body I hope it will fix my problem.

OP
OP
larshell

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Done with the throttle body. Rode couple 100km. Now #4 coil pack busted. Observing closely. Just to update thread. Thanks!