06 Expy rearend vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracy Witherspoon

Reaction score
I have an 06 expedition that is a former police vehicle. I'm getting a vibration from the rear end when turning from a stop. Backing out of the driveway and then turning aroun. That type of thing. I believe it has an LSD. I've already replaced the differential oil and put in the friction modifier, but it didn't make much difference to this particular vibration. Any ideas what else might be the issue?

Thanks.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may need a replacement. Those SSVs get a good/heavy workout in service (usually). I do not know anyone in your area to do an honest estimate. Maybe someone from your area will pop in.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the differential if the clutches (worn too much) cannot be repaired/replaced by a truly qualified person.

Last edited:

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Start with identifying the exact differential you have. Look on the driver door spec. sticker for the Axle Code, then look it up online, or you can search here for Axle Codes.