08 Expedition. Two questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1. Where is the ambient air temperature sensor?

Sometimes the temp display goes all the way down to -13 or whatever, with a corresponding failure of the AC to operate properly. Gonna try a new sensor.

2. Are there any holes under the AdvanceTrac/RSC badge on the lift gate?

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just thought it'd look cleaner with it off but if there's holes that ain't happening.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind there is a chance I could be wrong but I swear I’ve read it’s pinned in before. Seems every badge on mine is pinned through. I thought about removing my front door emblems when they faded but resorted to filling them in with a sharpie marker when I found out they were permanently fixed. Seems the early 3rd gen had more badges as well as being pinned through.

Last edited:

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I'll have to look at the badges I removed but I believe there are holes behind the expedition emblem but not the advancetrac. I added the 15-17 chrome trim to mine and didn't have to patch anything. Pretty sure the pin on the expedition lined up with the new trim pin and nothing behind AdvanceTrac. I'll find my emblems tomorrow to check back in

20161007_165702.jpg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 08 has no holes under the advance trac tailgate badge. The Expedition XLT badges on the tailgate and doors have two holes each.

Nice, is the advance trac one just double sided tape adhesive? I’d ditch mine......but almost too scared it will pull paint with it....

OP
OP
S

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True. Everyone knows the paint on the lift gate is sketchy at best lol. Could try the fishing line trick...