12 inch Inst Cluster failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregTu

Reaction score
Our '24 Platinum had an odd failure last week. While driving I tried to check the tire pressures in My View (12" instrument cluster). It was gone. Disappeared. It was not available to be added to My View.

Looking further The Navigation, Phone, and Audio, menus had also disappeared along with Vehicle Information on the dash/steering wheel menu. I tried several vehicle restarts, no luck.

I then tried the Ford.com Support chat line. Their suggestion was a dash reset (hold skip forward on the steering wheel and the audio power button on the center console for 10 seconds). Nothing happened.

After several attempts they suggested a module reset (hold skip forward and the OK button on the steering wheel for 10seconds). Nothing Happened.

The chat person gave up and suggested I take it to a dealer. It's a little unnerving that the equivalent of Ctl-alt-del and hitting the reset button didn't work. I was getting ready to pull the AC power cord for 10 seconds, or a CMOS reset by pulling the button battery on the real time clock. ;-D

The next day I started the Exp and everything had magically recovered. It has continued to work since with 8-10 vehicle starts. I cancelled the service appointment since showing them a perfectly functioning dash seemed like a waste of time. I'm assuming leaving the vehicle powered off overnight had managed to reset the dash/module. I am a little concerned that the dash and "module" resets did nothing. For those who've done these before were the simultaneous button combinations correct and is 10 seconds the amount of time needed to trigger a reset?

There are a couple Youtube videos to reset the dash, but the ones I found did not show a Sync 14A system, so I'm wondering if something might have changed, and maybe the chat staff might have messed up.

Thanks,
Greg

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
Charge your battery…. Sounds like low voltage
Ok, I'll give it a shot.

I think it's pretty well charged. My trips are almost always 10+ miles and Auto Start Stop never runs more than once (before I remember to disable it.)

Thanks!
Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire