Tone settings will not retain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick22t

Reaction score
2019 Expedition Limited Edition with B&O

My tone settings will not put! I’ve seen other threads mentioning something similar when turning the vehicle off but my issue happens immediately. For instance if I adjust bass up two notches it immediately returns to the middle in front of my eyes without doing anything.

I have tried disconnecting battery for 15 plus minutes and I’ve tried a master reset (which actually successfully completed unlike others I read that would get stuck) and I followed the master reset immediately with two back to back soft resets using the power and forward track buttons.

Please advise, thanks in advance!

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm wondering if someone tweaked your system using forscan. I believe there are some settings to manipulate the outputs for aftermarket amps etc. You'd need to get the proper mscan/hscan adapter, download forscan, and check the APIM settings compared to your as-builts. There's lots of articles on here about that. I could be way off and you could have something else entirely wrong too. Just the first thing that came to mind.

OP
OP
N

nick22t

Reaction score
Update on this problem for anyone else experiencing it… it turns out that my apim was replaced at some point with a my20 unit(originally it would not have had a my20 apim). I don’t know if that in itself was what caused the issue with tone settings being retained or if someone had something off with the programming. Brian over at NaviUpgrade was able to send me a file which I sent to the apim using FORScan and it fixed the issue. I would highly recommend his services!

What sent me there was I tried updating my apim using cyanlabs sync3updater thinking that maybe that would solve the tune setting issue. I ended up bricking my unit because I wrongfully chose that I did not have a my20 apim… NaviUpgrade offers an unbricking service for $200 which includes shipping both ways! Amazing service but unfortunately when I got it back the issue was still there. Had I told him about it before hand he would have fixed it on the bench but like I said he was able to send me a file and with FORScan we got it fixed!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani