12" or 15"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think everyone is just misunderstanding each other.
What are the rms and max ratings of the subs and amps?
Match the rms values first, since they are more important to match than the max values.
I am sure that is what everyone means, but everyone is leaving out too many details to be sure.
Let us know the specs so we can help you better.

OP
OP
B

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
TWO 15" Kicker Comp VX
4-Ohms wired to 1-Ohm
1000 Watts RMS (FOR ONE SUB)
2000 Watts RMS (FOR TWO SUBS)
2000 Watts Peak (ONE SUB)
4000 Watts Peak (TWO SUBS)

BassQuake9000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds perfect, as long as the amp's RMS matches the combined sub's RMS. It would hit very hard! I think Remo's right, I was just leaving out detail that made it look wrong.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad we all got it now, lol.
Anyway, that's gonna be f'in nuts when its all put together.
I cannot even imagine how intense that bass is gonna be. I have the cheapest sub setup now (2 Visonik 12"s and a 300 rms/400 max amp) and even that can be too intense for my passengers at times.
Be sure to get us some pics when its finished. I can't wait to see it.

OP
OP
B

bloodzero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, I don't plan on getting it all set up till after xmas. Cause I still have a new headunit, speakers, speaker amp, and sub amp to buy then have it installed. So thats about 1400 bucks worth of stuff I still have to get. Haha.

The 12's I have now hit pretty hard. But I want to have my truck rattle apart with the bass. Haha.

BassQuake9000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to let you know beforehand, you may want to tighten the back handle. I rattled mine off. It looks like I need some sort of small clip, and a couple nuts to get my handle back on. I keep the handle in the Ex, and whenever I have to open the back door, I just plug the handle into the spot. I'll be shaving the back door soon, so I won't have to worry about it much longer.