15 Expedition Battery Terminal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott2015

Reaction score
Upon jump starting a friend's car, I discovered severe corrosion on the positive battery terminal that had gone unnoticed, so bad that i cannot free the terminal clamp from the battery post. Could anyone comment on the level of difficulty of changing the positive terminal clamp or if this is even possible? Am I going to have to fork out a pile of cash to replace the whole cable (terminal clamp and all)?

Scott
2015 Expedition XLT 4x4

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used a marine terminal that has a 1/4 inch bolt to mount a lug to. I cut the oem off and drilled a hole on the flat part of metal and secured with the bolt.I ran the bolt from the bottom up and cut off extra threads.It even fit in the old red plastic protector with a little bit of cutting.I think they even sell the tin can style as a replacement. I'm old school like the brass style.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Upon jump starting a friend's car, I discovered severe corrosion on the positive battery terminal that had gone unnoticed, so bad that i cannot free the terminal clamp from the battery post. Could anyone comment on the level of difficulty of changing the positive terminal clamp or if this is even possible? Am I going to have to fork out a pile of cash to replace the whole cable (terminal clamp and all)?

Scott
2015 Expedition XLT 4x4

I had the same problem with my 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new.

Read this: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10164497-0001.pdf

OP
OP
Scott2015

Scott2015

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies, being that i have limited handiness =(, i referred this to my mechanic who is taking care of it for $800...

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
$800 to replace a battery terminal connector?
Who is the mechanic? What exactly is he replacing? I'm a old busted up goat, if I can't program it, clear it, or reset it, it's gotta go to the Dealer service department. I'm to old for much under the hood stuff, and no under the vehicle stuff. God I would never get back up off the ground! But $ 800.00 to fix a clamp is a shocker!

I can only hope that included replacement of the entire harness, full synthetic oil change, and complete in and out top to bottom detailing, with a hand wax job and coupon for a free Outback steak dinner with all the trimmings! Geeze! Check here again next time you need work done, ask the folks here what they think it may cost. Somebody here for sure will know something about it, cost to fix, and what actually needs to be fixed. Again I don't know what all this person did. If replacement of a, what guys, $ 5.50 part? If that's all he did, like grandpa used to say, he saw you coming! Please get a itemized bill and demand return of the old parts.

Last time I checked, Beverly Hills, Rolls Royce, Bentley motor cars, of California they don't fix Fords or any other domestic brands. It's a distaste to their class! Plus they have only one location, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, CA. Now where wazzit your mechanic got canned from again? Sir, jokes aside, we do take offense here when a member gets fleeced, hosed, Shanghai'd, or ripped off. Tell us what all he really did so we can help you sort it out?

We can't send the adjustment crew out, just yet, I can't drive. Mine's still in the body shop getting fixed from the 3 time, revoked license, uninsured J.A. who hit me head on! Weekend of the 6th! Didnt even think another human's life was worth ten bucks! All it would have cost for a Uber or Lyft around here. I know I drive for them! Glad I stopped him! Cops pooped a tuna when they asked if his keys were still in his vehicle and I said nope, there in mine! I snatched them out while he was trying to get it out of, the big "R," and put it in, the big letter "D," to flee! Alphabet always screws them up! Makes it easy for an old fart, with nothing to lose, I have lived my life pretty much. Limp over and snatch his keys so he doesn't kill someone a lot younger with way more life to live than I got. Yup! Alphabet trips them up, slows them down every time. Then I told the police woman asking me all the questions. I'm so angry with him it's a good thing my firearm was NOT in the vehicle! What he did, then trying to run, if my gun was in there. I would have gotten it and shot him dead, right then, right there, with out one iota of hesitation, regret, or remorse! Stupid fool! Yesterday was when I find out he's done this 3 times before and driving revoked, to really keep me fired up, consolation prize! Ding, ding, ding! No insurance!

Not only did he figure another human's life was not even worth 10 bucks. Bastard made sure he wouldn't pay for the one he could have taken! Makes me want to go over and blow out his kneecap's! That would hurt him for a lot longer than popping him off would. I figure now I've had a more than a week to simmer over it. Lord here I've run off and long again! Yup, don't worry! The old fart's not going to go postal and pop off anybody's kneecaps! I'd miss all his court dates! Only good thing about getting old, declining health, when there's nothing better to do with your life, one foot in the grave, other not to far behind. I can sure F Up his life with what time I got left! Ok, sorry for getting sidetracked and running long again! Sir, don't forget to tell us what he did. Hope he did a lot more than a clamp replacement! 800 bucks for that?! That ain't right!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni