1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

18 Panoramic sunroof problems???

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by Andrew White, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Andrew White

Andrew White New Member

I have a 2018 ford expedition max limited and I am having an issue with the sunroof going back. I was curious if any of you have had this problem. If so what was the fix? I also must mention we just bought this rig used and it was supposed to be "certified" pre-owned and haven't even made the first payment on it yet. Thanks in advance.

2. armoredsaint

armoredsaint Full Access Members

You push it a second time and it’ll go back further

3. Andrew White

Andrew White New Member

What i am talking about is the actual glass not the cover. It acts like it is binding up when you go to slide it back the vent function works fine.

4. TheDoug

TheDoug Full Access Members

I have a friend who drives a Max fx4 and hers completely locked up and got stuck halfway open. Had to take it in for repair.

5. John Piechoski

John Piechoski New Member

I had sunshade and sunroof problems last year. The dealer had my car in the shop from June through the beginning of September, as they tried (and tried and tried and tried) to fix it. The sunshade would bind, the sunroof would make popping noises. They replaced the entire mechanism at least 4 times. Then, after I got it back in September, after about 3 weeks, the sunroof wouldn't open and made a very loud pop. That was the track cracking. So then they replaced it again.

Hopefully whoever you take it to is better than my dealer. They actually said the only reason it got fixed is because they hired a new guy who had ran into the issue before. This is after (they supposedly) contacted Ford repeatedly about the issue.

Here is my original post:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/sun-shade-squeaking.40483/

Good Luck!

6. wakeboarder

wakeboarder Full Access Members

My sunroof made a loud pop while closing yesterday. I had to use the procedure in the manual to get it to close again after I had opened it. I found this in the track when I opened the sunshade this morning. I’ll be planning a trip to the dealer next week! CB4C9F0A-3CA9-4E48-8902-9C431451ADE8.jpeg

7. Vipersinu2

Vipersinu2 Full Access Members

SMH!