19' White Platinum New Member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tarek

Reaction score
Hi fellows,

Ordered slightly used with 31k miles from Vroom. Haven't used them before, but they seem to disclose any issues and provided CARFAX and window sticker. Should arrive to my home in Park City this week or next. We live in San Diego full time and just got the place in Park City recently as a vacation home. Left my 18' Raptor there, and since wife and both kids will be driving in the next few months, we need a second car and something that can hold lots of people and drive well in the snow (got the 8 seater and 4WD). Planning on blacking out all the chrome trim and doing a Cobb ECU tune. It will likely get driven about 2 to 3k miles per year tops. Will have a shop in SLC inspect it when its delivered and make sure no issues. Vroom gives you 7 days/250 miles to return it. Any tips would be appreciated. Looking forward to learning more from you all.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It will likely get driven about 2 to 3k miles per year tops.
One thing the 4th Gen's Expedition is famous for, if the battery goes down a little bit some things start not to work. so you will need to invest on a good battery tender.(especially since you will not be driving much) Many threads on the subjet just do a search.

Welcome to the forum

OP
OP
T

Tarek

Reaction score
Thanks Yupster,
I got the battery tender we are using for the Raptor. It was a brand that was recommended to me by a guy who did all the modifications to my Raptor.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I suggest an extended warranty. Even though you're not putting many miles on the vehicle, repairs are expensive. Forget the tune and get an extended warranty. Also, you may want a better tire depending on what the vehicle is arriving with.

OP
OP
T

Tarek

Reaction score
I suggest an extended warranty. Even though you're not putting many miles on the vehicle, repairs are expensive. Forget the tune and get an extended warranty. Also, you may want a better tire depending on what the vehicle is arriving with.
I plan to do a really good winter tire being that its in Park City regardless of what it comes with. I wiill talk to a friend who owns a used car dealership and he offered the warranty. He is one of the good trustworthy folks in the biz. I am the type who has to get it tuned, but its gonna be Cobb, so can put it back to stock easy for maintenance issues.

Maxine the Max

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 19 max platinum, in white. Had about the same miles when we got it. I adore it! We have the 7 seater, just for easy in and out for the kiddos. HD tow. It has proved its self this winter. We live in the dakotas and it's been extra snowy this season. I have had no issue getting around. The snow drive mode is great. But when you switch back to normal it kicks you back to 2 wheel drive, so just watch that. I've thought I was in 4 wheel and realized it wasn't.