1998 Ford Expedition EB 4WD Air Suspension Shocks Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gates

Reaction score
Original Owner 110,568 miles. This past summer I replaced the two rear air bags. Took me the better part of the day with 3 of my neighbors drinking beer (not mine) and supervising from their lawn chairs. Retirement is Great! I am going to replace my original air suspension front shocks.

I am looking at the following front auto leveling air shock absorbers.
Motorcraft - 5U2Z18V124EA
MONROE 40004 Specialty

Any experience with one or the other on your Expedition or recommendations other than DON'T DO IT! Would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Greye

Reaction score
Congratulations on retirement!
I would also check out Suncore as I have gotten fronts from them before for a Navigator and they worked well with no issues.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on retirement!
I would also check out Suncore as I have gotten fronts from them before for a Navigator and they worked well with no issues.
i got their conversion kit...no more hassles

Greye

Reaction score
Good choice. The air suspension can be a pita. I've gotten used to it's nuances. Not always easy and has given me more grey hairs in place of the few brown ones left.

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I imagine the front can't be all that bad. I replaced rear air ride complete assemblies with Suncore bag/strut assembly, as well as Suncore air pump/compressor. Haven't had to worry much at all about my air suspension in almost a year now, couldn't be happier :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE