2 new sounds (1. Engine bay and 2. Front Blower)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
Took the stethoscope to the pulleys today and it appears the tensioner one has bad bearings (much deeper and louder than the other ones I could get to). Thanks for all your help.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
Ok, just went to replace tensioner and the replacement part (and all the other ones for a 2005, including motorcraft) come with a smooth pulley. The one installed on my 2005 has a grooved pulley. I could swap pulleys, but I would think the replacement part would come with the same type of pulley. Does anyone else have a 2005 where they could check the pulley on the tensioner?20190523_184807.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't worry, it won't be the last time you do a dumb thing working on your SUV. We've all done it, the trick is not to let anyone you know see it. I used to always boot out my customers. What they don't see can't hurt you. When the pressure is on is when you make mistakes. That's why I'm no good in court. Judges make me nervous. Like being in front of your worst teacher in school, that can do a whole lot more than send you to the principal!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk