2000 Expedition XLT 5.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It has 190k and it has a shudder between 45 and 55 mph, but only when it hits 1400rpm if I get it up to 2000rpm it goes away or if I release the pedal it goes away. It does have 3 codes, DPFE Sensor, Misfire Bank 2 ( Heated Oxygen Sensor ) and Misfire Cylinder 2.

Could these be the problem?

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok.... Since I didn't get a answer on that issue, I have a new DPFE on order, the original has completely collapsed. Can I bypass that sensor in the mean time?

Expy_97

Reaction score
Ok.... Since I didn't get a answer on that issue, I have a new DPFE on order, the original has completely collapsed. Can I bypass that sensor in the mean time?

The DPFE sensor is not likely to cause the misfire. The DPFE sensor measures the flow rate in your EGR tube. When you replace the DPFE, make sure you check the rubber hoses and the metal tubes on the EGR tube to make sure they are not clogged as well.

As for the Misfire, Have you done a tune up lately?

Go Big Blue!!!

OP
OP
Exia

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have replaced the plugs with Bosh +4s and now its still missing and causes a shudder going up a hill giving more gas and the shudder goes away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition