2000 Expy Future Classic? $20K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t see the price on the listing.

But it’s a cloth seat, generic tire brand, 4.6 motor, streaked rear window, ill aligned fuel door, 200k mile green Expedition that they supposedly want $20k for? How about $2k?

mnachreiner86

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t see the price on the listing.

But it’s a cloth seat, generic tire brand, 4.6 motor, streaked rear window, ill aligned fuel door, 200k mile green Expedition that they supposedly want $20k for? How about $2k?

[emoji23] accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like a well-kept truck, but $20k seems absurd. Honestly though, the entire used car market is absurd right now. People are asking prices way, way above high book and getting it. :x

Billme

Reaction score
I believe the 1st generation will be classics... I drove by the local Ford dealership today, and not one new vehicle on the lot..
Something is not right..I don’t believe the chip excuse..

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
I believe the 1st generation will be classics... I drove by the local Ford dealership today, and not one new vehicle on the lot..
Something is not right..I don’t believe the chip excuse..

It’s not just Ford. All makes suffering shortages. The auto manufacturers are in part to blame.
They all stopped buying chips due to China virus so chip makers retooled to supply computer, appliance and other industries.
When auto makers came back there was an avalanche of demand for new cars and chip makers increased prices of chips. Auto makers balked at price increase so no chips.

The Fed is now subsidizing Intel and Cisco but it takes 6-9 mos to adapt manufacturing lines.

Autos don’t use “generic” chips, they are highly specialized for features/functions.

It’s all self induced.