2001 Exp EB Fuse question (Running Board Lights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobycane74

Reaction score
Ok, trying to figure this out...

Vehicle: 2001 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4L

Recently I noticed my running board lights have cease working, after returning back from a checkup and tuneup from the mechanic.

As I was wanting to upgrade them with new LED's ... they were not working. So I checked the bulbs, and they are not blown... but could not initially figure out why.

First, I checked the Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel #14 fuse, and it is fine.

Second, I checked the Power Distribution Box fuses designated for the running board lights...fuse #15 *10Amp mini (according to the owners manual). But there is no fuse in the slot.

According to the fuse panel layout in the owners manual, in the first eighteen set of fuses, only numbers #14 & 16 are "not used"...but #15 (*10Amp) is missing.

Can anyone help me verify that this is the correct fuse for the running board lights?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
nobycane74

nobycane74

Reaction score
Have you tried putting a fuse there?

Actually, no. I really was not sure if a fuse was technically supposed to be there. I only assumed there was supposed to be one according the fuse schematics in the manual....To be honest, I have never opened the Power Distribution Box fuses before, as now I am taking on more of "hands on / do it yourself" maintenance approach this year and kind of learning as I go... ;-)

OP
OP
nobycane74

nobycane74

Reaction score
Put a fuse in the slot 15

Success. installed a 10Amp. fuse into #15 slot, and they worked and came on.
For the life of me, cannot figure out why it was missed in the first place.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I removed my running board fuse on my 2000 expedition. The reason was I sit outside my truck listening to my stereo. I wanted to cut down on current draw, and who needs floor boards lights anyways. I'll bet your past owner did like I did.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk