2001 Expy XLT 4.6L HEADLIGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s not factory paint. The original color was laser red but that faded to a pink. Had it repainted almost two years ago. They said they used the paint code in the door jam to get the factory color but i don’t think thats laser red. But I’m still happy with it. You cant really tell in the door jams unless you really look plus my door jams are not that clean so that makes it even harder to tell.

Mine , a 2001 LTD , has a lot of chrome trim around the grill and headlights, as well as a rock deflector on the hood. Painted looks better. I might ditch the rock deflector as well. My paint is burgundy I think.

Actually it looks like the FSU colors Garnet and Gold and has gold pinstriping. I bought it in Tallahassee and think it might have been marketed that way.

Can I ask what a repaint cost? Was there much body work?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was $850 and took them a week. They did all the prep work. No body work was needed. It might cost a little more if you still had clear coat because they will need to remove it. Mine had 0 clear coat. I will say because it was cheap for a paint job there is a good amount of orange peel. I have a friend who got his miata painted for like $1400 and it looks amazing. And another thing is that the paint is soft so it dose scratch alot easier.

OP
OP
JamaicaJoe

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was $850 and took them a week. They did all the prep work. No body work was needed. It might cost a little more if you still had clear coat because they will need to remove it. Mine had 0 clear coat. I will say because it was cheap for a paint job there is a good amount of orange peel. I have a friend who got his miata painted for like $1400 and it looks amazing. And another thing is that the paint is soft so it dose scratch alot easier.
My roof and hood have have clearcoat down to a white fuzz. The effect is pink. The rest it is very thin.

Was yours painted by a chain or a by a local shop? It really looks great.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

00XTL

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By a local shop. Not sure if you have Marco by you but i would try to avoid them. I live in charlotte NC and the place is called peach auto painting. Like i said I’m happy with it. It’s not a show car but i try took keep it clean

nycnftm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just ordered the headlights. Can't see shhh at night. Thanks for the tip