2002 5.4L XLT Coil Pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snoopy2u

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to All,

I am having trouble with #7 misfiring. In fact, going up hill or stressing the pedal, it seems more than #7 is mis-firing. So, I'll be replacing the plugs with Motorcraft, but - I am lost at what is a good, or equivelant coil pack set to replace the OEM motorcraft's expensive coils. I read about ohms matching, resistance, oil filled verses resin filled, improved mileage ..etc. and I am lost. If anyone else out there has replaced their coils with after an market brand and has a good recommendation I'd like to hear what brand you used. I do not wish to risk my truck on inferior coils, but - saving a buck or two would be helpful if I can get OEM like parts that offer the same or better performance.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I used to recommend only the Ford, or Motorcraft ones. But lately we've had members here having good luck with the 8 coils on the internet for $40.00. if you change all of them, keep a few of the old ones for spares.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

BMoss

Reaction score
Well I used to recommend only the Ford, or Motorcraft ones. But lately we've had members here having good luck with the 8 coils on the internet for $40.00. if you change all of them, keep a few of the old ones for spares.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Any brand or links to recommend?

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have owned 2 of these sets, one for my 97 and now for my 03. I put roughly 90k on my 97 after I did plugs and coil packs, currently have just over 50k on my 03 since I did plugs and coil packs. I paid less than $30 for all 8!

ECCPP Ignition Coils Pack of 8 Compatible with DG508 DG457 C1454 FD503 Replacement for Ford Lincoln Mercury 1997-2017 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00L9VWAUC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GUYiCbKRV0Q8T

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just get the cheap ebay ones.
I bought a set in 08 and it was at least 8 years until one started misfiring and only occasionally.
Have use several sets since with no failures.
Once you do plugs and coils the hard part (plugs) is done.
Even if you have to do them again in 2-3 years, you can pop new coils in in less than 20 mins in an 02 5.4. Pop off the air cleaner snorkel, get 7mm nut driver and a towel to lay stuff across the top of radiator and your off...Done before your beer gets warm.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69