2003 DVD system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

My new 2003 Expedition did not come with the overhead dvd system. I want to add the system but, I am not sure if the wiring are in the headliners. By the way, I am installing a factor dvd system not a aftermarket. Can anyone confirm this.

daveplot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most likely Ford saved a few bucks and didn't put the wiring there. Just a guess though.

OP
OP
G

I just installed the Factory DVD player in my Expedition. The wires for the player are located on the C piller. The best way to get to them is remove the Cup holder in the rear and reach up along the C pillar. You should be able to find an open 20 pin connector that has all wires needed to run the DVD player from the Radio. It works great and all the wires are color coordinated for easy hookup. The only catch is you need the connector that plugs into the back of the DVD player. If you dont have that you are out of luck. Good luck with the install.