2003 EB Expedition needing to replace read door window channel run. How to remove glass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kryo-Genik

Reaction score
I need to replace the window channel runs on my rear doors. The channel runs are then felt channels that the windows roll up and down in. My.factory ones have "curled" at the top so when the glass is up the center of the windows are exposed and water can get in if it rains. Now I have two new runs one for each side...I just need to know how the heck do I get the glass put of the door exactly. No I've never owned a 4 door vehicle and no I've never removed the glass from a vehicle.door before. If you have a guide to walk me through this I'd be eternally grateful. Hell I'll even make another guide for those that need the same parts fixed. How do you remove the trim from the windows? I know the window is held in with 2 10mm bolts that's no big deal. But how the heck do I get the glass put of the door for this fix?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have replaced the window glass run channels (left and right) on another 4-door vehicle, but not the Expediton (I own a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4).

On the other vehicle, I removed the inner door panel, after ensuring the window glass was raised.

The window channel, at the lower end, had one or more bolts/screws that held it to the door. I removed the screws/bolts, then the window channel slid down, and I then removed it from the door inside opening. After replacing the channel, I repeated the action for the other side. I never did remove the window glass and/or window regulator.