2003 triton 5.4 loud noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Trumposarus

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that that's the volume level with the hood closed whIle standing next to the truck

Skauber

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you able to tell where it's coming from? Left side, right side, front or rear on the engine? To me it sounds like a worn belt, but very difficult to say with so little to go on..

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please post your video to YouTube your hosting site is asking for upgrades to my phone to view your video my phone is brand new

OP
OP
T

Trumposarus

Reaction score
Doesn't really make a difference where I stand. It's the same noise on the other side and in the front. In the video I was at the driver side front fender.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are talking about a squealing sound take the serp belt off and check all of the pulleys for smooth rotation.

2004XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pull the belt and check all pulleys, especially the two smooth idlers and the smaller pulley that's part of the tensioner. I'd bet you have at least one that's making noise. Spin each one with the belt off, if one seems rough then remove it and spin with your fingers to see how bad it really is.

OP
OP
T

Trumposarus

Reaction score
Thank you for the answers. I was worrying that it might of been something much more serious. I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the fluid coming out of the tail pipe.