2004 - what to expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mister_d

Reaction score
Just bought an Expedition with 54k miles on it - love it so far! What are there things I should be looking out for? Any helpful hints will be appreciated!

14.gif

mjstef

Reaction score
They seem to hold up good. Watch your wallet though. Were getting 9-10 MPG in town. Ford in there infinite wisdom designed the tranny for soccer moms who were used to driving mini-vans and this affects the mileage big time. My 95 F250 shop truck with a 351 windsor does 3-4 mpg better in town with a 5 speed. Wish Ford would have given us the option of a stick shift in these.............................

Last edited:

bnvus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 05 has been holding up great. The only problem I have had with it is leaking heater hoses from the back core. Better than my POS 03. Not sure if they fixed the rearend problem in 04 but you might want to keep an ear out for it. You can hear a moan that will change in pitch as you increase speed. Most noticiable around 55 when you let off the gas and it coasts.

mjstef

Reaction score
Originally posted by green03
Geeez Matt.... are you really getting that low mileage in town???

Thats it. The Ex goes 5 miles to work and 5 miles back 5 days a week with 2-3 lunch time errands to boot. The last trip i took was 160 miles round trip and did 16.7 though. The sloppy tranny sucks!!!! Wonder if a 5 speed from an F150 would fit???