2005 eddie bauer rims and rust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Captainjerky

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a 2005 EB with severe brake dust baked into one rim. I wonder if some of it is rust now. Are these rims clear coated, or can I hit it with some 0000 steel wool?

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think all of the alloy or aluminum wheels have a clear coat. You can see when it has been worn way to a dull rough finish.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
walmart sells stainless steel cleaner that works awesome it will be with the stove and oven cleaner and glass top stove cleaner, there is several but this one is in a plastic bottle and is a powder

get the wheel wet and put some in your hand and rub the grime away

works really well and is not abrasive

i cant remember the name

OP
OP
C

Captainjerky

Reaction score
Here's an update. I couldn't find the powdered stuff, but I bought a bottle of Weiman's glass cooktop cleaner paste and a 3 pack of non abrasive scrubbers. I spent 10 minutes doing half of my nastiest rim and the results were astounding. It cut through the crap pretty fast. I didn't have to grind it in too hard, just apply, buff, and reapply the paste if needed. I'll try to post pics in another post, since I'm composing this on my cell. Never know how that tech will work! In any case, it worked great, didn't dull the finish, and is safe enough that I can use it and not mutate tomorrow!
Thanks for the tip on stove top cleaners!